Friday, 28 September 2012

Positivity Is The Key!

Had my MRI yesterday.  Results here in a week.

They had to do an MRI because they found two spots on my liver and just want to make sure that it's not the cancer spreading.  Puft...cancer spreading...are they crazy?  I don't have cancer anymore...all this Chemo and Radiation is just an insurance policy! 

Since the beginning of all this, I have maintained a positive outlook which I think is so important.  I often hear of people finding out they have cancer and just hiding away and slipping into a depression.  I can see how that can easily happen but I think if you do that, the cancer will thrive on your system being low and just take over.  I really do believe that your mind plays a huge role in your progress and healing.  I think the mind is way more powerful than we give it credit for. 

Instead of looking at it like...man, I was sick for 5 days and still not feeling 100%...I look at it like...I was only sick for 4 or 5 days and then was able to start doing things that I like again...and now I have two whole weeks of feeling 90%...tomorrow is going to be better than today....and I can handle being sick for 4 or 5 days once a month....it's only 6 or 7 months of my life!  Sorry that was a ramble but I think you get my point!  Positive, Positive, Positive! :)

One more thing...just want to thank all of my friends for participating in "Run for the Cure" this weekend!  I am truly honored and very humble that you would take time out of your busy schedules to run for me!  I am blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends and family!  Love you all <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment