Thursday, 27 September 2012

Playing With Hair

My sister-in-law, Debbie, is here with me this week and we are having a blast!  You never really know how much you need someone until they are with you!  She makes me laugh from the gut everyday...you know that kind of laugh that makes your cheeks and stomach hurt and leaves you gasping for air!  We laugh about everything...and it feels so good!  Don't know what I am going to do without her! 

So we started shopping for wigs this week...my goodness, what an endeavor that was!  You know, it's really hard to find places that sell good wigs.  I want a good wig...I'm a hair person! LOL  I want a human hair wig...can't look fake, must be able to withstand heat tools and must always look good.  I did a search in Toronto for medical wigs and there isn't a lot of selection.  We happen to find a place here in Brampton that specializes in Chemo patients.  The owner, Debbie...or sometimes she wants to be called Annie (that's another story) is a real sweetheart!  She has explained every type of wig and what the best selection would be for me.  After trying on several styles...a lot just for fun...we picked out, what I think will be the perfect wig!  I have attached some photos of the style and color but will post actual photos once I receive the wig next week.

I am still having quite a bit of side effects from the Chemo.  I am dizzy everyday (thank God Debbie doesn't mind driving up here), I have a headache and I feel a bit nauseated (kind of like pregnancy, but obviously not).  I am hoping that once I let my doctors know, they will be able to change things up a bit or at least make some suggestions to lessen the symptoms.  I am still having trouble sleeping but am finding that each night gets a bit better.  In fact, that's the way everything is...with each day, it gets better! 

Be strong, be positive and pray for me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment