I had a very busy week again! Not necessarily with appointments but with things I like to do.
On Monday, one of my regular clients came for a visit with her granddaughter. We sat and had a coffee and got caught up on each others news. It was so nice to be able to spend that time with her and not worry about finishing up before someone else came.
Tuesday, I had my Syma scan (Heart). It was not all that pleasant. The actual test wasn't much...just lying on a table while a machine took pictures. It was the injection that didn't agree with me...and the fact that the IV that was put in, left me with a huge bruise. Through these last few tests, I have determined that I am allergic to the contrast that they are injecting me with. About 1/2 hour after my scan, my stomach blew up like I was 6 months preggers and it cramped like crazy! I just made it home in time to go to the bathroom. I had two full days of running to the bathroom and bad pains and gas in my stomach. Not fun at all!
Wednesday, I called one of my regular clients. She has been coming to me for almost 4 years and she is the sweetest lady I know. I always tell Jason that she reminds me of my grandmother Hadley...and if any of you knew my sweet Mable, you would know how much I loved her and how sweet she was. She was always laughing and just this cute little lady that you just wanted to squeeze all the time. Well, Gloria reminds me of her. She's this tiny package of love! We had a great chat and I realized during that conversation how good people really are, and how much my experiences have touch them. Gloria, you're one in a million!
Thursday, I had my CT scan...which again, was not a pleasant test. On arriving at the hospital, I was given two big cups filled with the most disgusting "juice". I use the word "juice" very lightly when I am referring to this concoction! I had another IV put in my arm and my bruise just got bigger...(they are always using my left arm now because they say that I have been "damaged" enough on my right side)...who says that...really? Anyway, I had to drink this "juice"...did I mention how gross it was...over a 45 minute period. There was another girl in the waiting area drinking her "juice" too and she was about ready to throw up! Once my name was called, I was taken into the room with the CT machine. The technician asked me to put my arms over my head. Now, I can't put my arm over my head for very long but she seemed to think I could leave it there for the entire test without budging! WRONG!!! During the test, I was given a shot of contrast again...this time, the shot made me extremely warm all over (like I mean warm...like I was cooking from the inside out) and made you feel like you were peeing. Not the most pleasant feeling!! All I could think of was "great, I just got over the gas, shits and expanded stomach and now I am going to go through it again"...lovely!! I will spare you all the details of what happened after leaving my test....let's just say before leaving the parking lot, I had to RUN back to the hospital twice! Not what I wanted considering I was to meet a group of girls for lunch!
So, I managed to hold it together for lunch with a great group of friends. Funny how we all met...Jason worked with all of them and they became my friends too. When we first moved here, Jason worked for his uncles company. It was a small engineering company and all of us would get together after work or after a company ball game, for drinks. A couple of the girls started coming to me to get their hair done and introduced me to one of the other girls. Now, there are five of them that keep in contact through facebook or from being my clients...one comes every so often to go through Keil and Cole's clothes, that don't fit them anymore. They are a great group of girls and I really enjoyed myself...made me kind of forget all that has been going on...even the fact that I had the shits! Sorry for being so candid!
Yesterday, the kids had a PA day....why do they need a PA day when school just started last week? Anyway, I took my munchkins shopping and then did some purging at the house. We are trying to get things "clutter free" before I start my treatments. Let's just say...it's been interesting! After spending the afternoon breaking up fights and cleaning, we headed down to Sick Kids for Keil's MRI. He has a check up every two years for his Chairi Malformation. He did amazing! Didn't move one bit...stayed completely still! Such a brave boy!! All Cole was worried about was whether or not he would be able to see Selena Gomaz or Justin Bieber! (He knew they were in town for TIFF) LOL
Anyway, that was some of my week in review. I am realizing now that I should be writing more often...because when I wait...I seem to ramble on and on! :) I am also going to start posting pictures (once I figure out how to do it) so that you can all follow my journey and see how this is affecting me physically. I am not ashamed to let everyone see...I am not the woman that wears baggy clothes to cover the fact that I am missing a boob, I will not be the woman that always has to wear her wig (I will get one to please Cole) and I am just not the woman who hides because she has cancer. I don't care if people are uncomfortable...if I still feel beautiful, then why should I hide or be ashamed. I know people are curious...because so many people are surprised that I look as good as I do...I guess they are expecting to see someone that "looks" like they have cancer...whatever that means!
Stay positive, be strong and please pray for me! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment