Friday, 5 October 2012

Friends and Family

Sorry for not writing in so long.  My computer has been down all week...and trust me, I have been going crazy without it!

Lots of things happening this week!  My sister in law, Debbie, left on Monday night.  Wow, didn't realize how much I missed her until she was gone!  Like I said before, we had a blast together and she made me laugh out loud and hard every day!  She was a huge help when she was here and all of us miss her dearly. 

Tuesday I went to my Look Good Feel Better program that was put on my volunteers at the hospital.  It's part of the Breast Cancer Association and it's free to women recently diagnosed with cancer.  When I arrived, there were 9 chairs and only 4 left.  Looking around the room, I realized how strong women are and how Breast Cancer affects so many!  I was the youngest participant but still felt like I belonged.  The program was informative and I got lots of free makeup and other beauty supplies.  But, I think my angels had other reasons for me to be there that day.   I was lucky enough to meet a girl around the same age as me (we were the only two in our 40's) and we chatted after the class for almost 1 hour.  She is HER2+ as well as Progesterone and Estrogen positive, just like me.  The only difference is that her tumor was smaller than mine and she only had one lymph node positive out of 13.  So, she is only being treated with Chemo and does not require Radiation.  We hit it off right from the beginning and have been texting each other every day since.  I even managed to go to her last treatment to sit with her for a bit.  She is super strong...single mom with two kids and struggling with a recent breakup.  I can see, that we are going to be friends for a very long time!

I am feeling really good!  I have all my energy, no nausea but I am losing my hair.  I have been on the go all week and feel wonderful!  I called my nurse yesterday to see if I might be able to get a new nausea drug for my next treatment.  She was going to look into it and let me know today.  While on the phone with her, I took the opportunity to ask for my MRI results from last week.  Brace yourself.....there was NO CANCER on my liver!  Yay!!!!   You don't even know how happy I was to hear that!  I cried, jumped up and down and got on the phone to call my family and friends!  It was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders!  Now I am positive that my treatments are only an insurance policy!!!  Best news EVER!!!

My best friend since childhood is coming on Sunday to stay with me for the week.  Cara and I have been best friends since we were 7 and 8.  One day I was looking for someone to play with and my mother said, "why don't you call the little Logan girl down the road?"  Now, a lot of you don't know that I lived in a small rural community in Nova Scotia.  So, our closest neighbor was about a mile away....except for family.  So, Cara was my mile away neighbor.  I made the call and we have been besties ever since.  We have done everything together!  I even worked for her when I graduated from my hairdressing course.  She has always been there for me and I for her.  I can't wait for her to get here!  Jason has to go on training next week in the states so it's perfect timing for her to come.  She will be here for my next treatment and will probably be the one to shave my head!  It's going to be an interesting week!

Still missing my Mom everyday!  I think about her non stop and wish that she was here with me, physically!  I picked up the phone to call her yesterday and realized that one, my phone wasn't working yet, and two, she wouldn't be home to take my call! :(    I know she is with me because when I was lying in bed the other night, I could smell her.  Strange, I know but I really believe that if you want to see someone bad enough, then you will experience them.  Just like a few years ago, I was missing Dad like crazy.  I couldn't stop thinking of him for days.  I ended up having a dream about him and he held out his hand to take mine.  In my dream, I could actually feel the roughness of his hand.  I could feel the callus' and I could smell him.  It was the closest feeling I had since he passed.  

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Enjoy your time with friends and family....hold them close and tell them that you love them!

Be strong, be positive and pray for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment