Sorry it's been so long since I posted anything. I have been busy enjoying my vacation! I am having a great time seeing family and friends and gearing up for what the next few weeks have in store for me.
Being positive is the most important thing for me and it is something that I have focused on since I found this horrible thing! It's amazing how many emotions you go through after being diagnosed. My doctor was concerned that if I went home to Nova Scotia, there would be people that would bring me down. She told me that I have such a positive outlook that she didn't want an ounce of negativity to change that. She told me I was young, strong and a fighter...well that is what I am!
I have had a couple of really bad days on vacation...crying at the drop of a hat...feeling like I just needed to be alone...feeling sorry for myself...and of course, dealing with people telling me all the negatives. But for me, I am only focusing on the positive. I am young, strong, healthy (besides the obvious) and I found it early. One of my friends said "Cancer picked the wrong Easter Coaster to deal with"...isn't that the truth!! Another said "You're a MacKeil, you have the fight and determination that no one else has!" All these "positive" words are what helps me get through this. Jason said, "for every negative comment that comes our way, we are going to grab it, stomp on it, and consider it one step closer to beating this thing!" He is so sweet and positive! Don't know what I would do without him!
You know, I really believe that if you surround yourself with positive thoughts and people, you can do anything! ...and that is what I must do! So, if anyone is feeling like telling me a story about someone that had breast cancer and didn't make it or had complications, please keep your comments to yourself! I am not them, my cancer is not the same and my body is not the same! I am not sure why some people feel the urge to tell you all the bad and never focus on the good. Sometimes I think they do it so that when you start to get upset, they can console you to feel better themselves. If they only realized that they were the ones that upset you in the first place. But then if they had the smarts to realize they were the ones that upset you, then they should have the smarts to not upset you...get my point?
I told everyone from the beginning that this would be my page for updates, venting and just writing about my journey. Tonight seems to be a night for venting! LOL
One final note before I shut down for the night...stay positive, be positive and know that together we can get one step closer to beating this thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment