It was an early start to my day today. I had an appointment with my surgeon at 7:30am and then Pre-op at 8:30am. My appointment with the surgeon was to review all of the results again and review the procedure as well as some of the aftercare. One of my questions for him was whether or not he felt I would require Chemotherapy after the surgery and he said for the size of my tumor, I would more than likely have 4-6 months of Chemo. But I am just taking it one step at a time! I will deal with Chemo when and if I have to. For now, I am only thinking of the surgery on Friday.
The reality of it all is starting to sink in today. When I met with the nurses (Charlotte and Liz) in Pre-op, they explained a little more in depth what to expect. I will arrive at the hospital for 7:00am and pre register. Then I will make my way to the Diagnositc Unit for an injection of dye that will help show all the areas that need to be removed. The surgery will be at 1:30pm and take approximately 2 hours. I will then have 1 hour in recovery. If all goes well with my drainage tubes, I will be moved to a room for the night and released Saturday morning. Seems a bit fast after surgery but I guess they figure if you are doing well, no sense of sitting in a hospital.
So now, I am going to spend the next couple of days enjoying my kids and my husband (and my boob of course) LOL. I've had it for more than half of my life...I've kind of grown attached to it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment