Well, we are back from an awesome vacation and getting ready to deal with this week! We had so much fun at home with family and friends. I am missing everyone dearly and wish that it didn't have to end! :( I am well rested today after a long day yesterday.
My mother came back with us and will be staying with me for two weeks. She will be able to watch the kids this week when I go to my appointments and the following week, she will be able to help with everything else. My mother-in-law has decided to come and help too. Plus, I have friends that are willing to make the trip to help out in my recovery! I feel so loved!! :)
This week might be a bit different for my blog. I have some appointments and of course my surgery. I will be updating everyone on my appointments but may not be able to give updates on the surgery until I am home from the hospital and ready to type. I am hoping that I might be able to do the one finger trick! LOL
Anyway, I had a call from my surgeon on Tuesday, while I was in NS. Let me say, my surgeon and nurse are so wonderful. My nurse called me a couple of times to see how I was feeling. The day before leaving she had a somewhat long conversation with me, wondering how I was emotionally, wondering if my vacation was a good thing for me and wanting to hear the details of my vacation. She is just a real great person. I told her I wasn't sure how I would be emotionally after my surgery and she assured me that she would be there to help give me the strength. Just makes me feel well taken care of!
I kind of got off track there, talking about my nurse but my surgeon is just as concerned and positive. Like I said, he called me on Tuesday to give me very good news. The biopsy came back from my lymph node and it was negative for cancer! Woohoo! It was like a huge weight that was lifted off my chest! (no pun intended) So the cancer has not spread to my lymph nodes but is contained in the breast. He is going to still take one or two lymph nodes during my surgery (standard procedure) just to make sure it didn't spread. But wow, what great news! See, I do have lots of positive things going for me!
I got a chance to ask him a lot of my questions and one was how he felt about taking my other breast during surgery. He feels that it doesn't make sense to take it at this point. He did say that another option would be to take it when I start my reconstruction. So that is what I will do. If I don't remove it, I will worry about it for the rest of my life.
Everyone have a great week, stay positive and pray for me please!
No comments:
Post a Comment