Thursday, 26 July 2012

12 Hours And Counting!!

Well, it's almost time to start my recovery!

I didn't sleep well last night.  I am sure a lot of it was due to the tremendous thunder/lightening storm we had and Jason/Keil snoring next to me.  Moved to Keil's room and had a couple hours of good sleeping.  I am looking forward to crashing tonight...hopefully, I will sleep well!

Today I tried to keep busy with last minute errands, payed some bills and packed my bag for the hospital.  Didn't know what to pack really.  Definitely not a bra! LOL  Figure I will use the "large" bath robe that Cole made fun of yesterday.  It will keep me warm and the nurses say I need to keep my blood warm for surgery.  Don't know how that is possible when the place is so frigging cold!

Feeling very tired tonight.  I can't believe that this time tomorrow I will hopefully be on my way to recovery.  Hopefully I won't be in too much pain and will be able to tolerate Mom and Jason visiting.  I guess, starting tomorrow, I need to learn to say "No" or "I'm not up for that right now"!  It's going to be very hard for me to accept the fact that other people are going to be taking care of me.  I'm so used to taking care of everyone else and helping make everyone else happy!  It's what I do!

So, this may be the last time you hear from me until after my surgery.  I will try to update as soon as possible but will only be doing it when I feel well.

Stay positive, stay strong and please pray for me!









No comments:

Post a Comment