Sunday, 31 August 2014

Family Is Everything!!

I have a wonderful support group of friends and family!

Jason's Mom and Dad have been here for almost a month helping us out.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without them!  They have helped with the kids, made meals and Jason's Dad has been doing a lot of small projects around the house...saving Jason from trying to get them done before we sell the house next year.  It has been a tremendous help and we so appreciate everything they have done for us. 

Things have been going slow but smooth so far.  I am starting to be able to reach into cupboards and open the fridge...which I am sure you are thinking, that is easy enough to do, but trust me...it's not!  Movement is very limited and even the simple tasks prove to be a challenge.  I find myself comparing my recovery to my previous mastectomy, which is different because I had lymph nodes removed with that surgery.  I even find that showering is hard.  I have to bow my head to shampoo my hair!  Small steps! :)

My chest is feeling quite tight and I feel a sensation of a "foreign" object in my body!  I am worried that this is what I am going to feel for the next 6 months.  It is extremely uncomfortable and I find that by the end of the day, my back is sore from trying to hold myself from the odd jolt of discomfort.  I am sure that I am only feeling this way because I am only two weeks out of surgery.  Just not a feeling I want to have for possibly 4-6 months.  Ugh!

My next appointment is on Wednesday to meet with my nurse at Women's College Hospital.  She will check my incisions and make sure everything is healing properly and she will also discuss my next steps.  Looking forward to getting this show on the road!!

Be positive, be strong and continue to pray!!


No comments:

Post a Comment