Monday, 18 August 2014

I Think I Can!

My sweetest Vera stopped by tonight and gave me such a thoughtful gift!  A small little blue train with a message..."keep saying to yourself, I think I can, I think I can...and then before you know it, you'll be saying...I knew I could, I knew I could"!  It's special friends like this that make me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to!

I received the call from the surgeon's office this morning with my appointment time.  My surgery is scheduled to start at 8am and we are required to be there for 6:30am...so a very early morning for Jason and I.  I have to shower tonight with a special soap and put fresh sheets on the bed and fresh clothes on.  Then I have to repeat the process tomorrow morning and then try to pull on compression stockings....should be interesting at 4am!! 

I am feeling not too bad this evening.  Enjoying some last minute laughs with my kids and chatting with the in-laws.   I went out shopping today to pick up a few items for the next couple of days and tried to clean the house a bit.  Although my in-laws are here to help, I don't want it to be too much of a burden for them.  I think I just need to keep myself busy so that I don't have time to sit and think about things. 

So, this time tomorrow, I should be home resting and heavily drugged! LOL  I will try to post something in the next couple of days, to let you all know how I am feeling and how my recovery is going. 

Sorry this post is so short but I do have to get to bed and try to catch a few z's!  

Onward and upward...here we go!

Be positive, be strong and please pray for an easy and fast recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment