Thursday, 10 January 2013

My Life Long Friend!

Well, it's finally here...my last treatment is tomorrow and I just wanted to let you all know how I am feeling!

Very emotional...messages that I am getting from family and friends...phone calls, text messages!  I am just overwhelmed with emotion.  I have such a great group of friends and my family...what can I say...family is everything!  I can't seem to stop crying...just thinking about everything that I have been through and I can't believe I made it...through this phase anyway!  I am also thinking of everything that I have...a wonderful husband, two beautiful boys and some of the best friends on the planet! 

Last night, I had a long talk with my best friend of over 30 years!  We talked for over two hours and it seemed like only 20 minutes...we could have talked forever...well maybe not forever but for another couple of hours.  You see, Cara has been my best friend since I was 8.  Shortly after meeting her, I got hit by a car and it landed me in the hospital with a broken leg, scrapes, bruises and I was there for quite some time...Cara was one of my first visitors, taking me on long walks in the wheel chair, bringing me treats...and just making me laugh!  We always had a fun time as kids...and now as adults.  I could count on her then and I can count on her now.  Because as you all know, she took time out of her busy schedule to come up and take care of me again during my second treatment!  I think we are going to be old and living in the same old age complex....taking care of each other!  Cara, you are my light, my rock and the only friend that I can say I had for more than half my life!  I don't know what I would ever do without you!  I love you from the depths of my heart!

I want to take the time to thank all of you for being so supportive during the past few months.  All the food, emails, cards, phone calls, text messages and letters of hope...you are all wonderful people and I am glad you are in my life!

On to tomorrow!  Ladies and Gents...check your boobies...it may save your life!

Be positive, be strong and please pray for all the people that are fighting this fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment