Thursday, 9 August 2012

Stronger!!!

I have been getting quite a few requests to post something again and I guess it is time!  Either everyone is bored or they just love my creative humor! LOL  Sorry I haven't been writing but I have had a busy couple of days. 

Tuesday was a great day for me!  Had my final drainage tube removed and half of my staples...I feel like I am being freed every time something new like that happens. :)  The drainage tube hurt like hell coming out...I think because it was in there so long but the staples, I couldn't feel a thing.  But that is probably due to the fact that I am still numb and tingling!  The nurse is coming back on Saturday to take out the remainder of the staples!  Woohoo!!!  I made it!

Hard to believe it's been almost two weeks since my surgery!  I feel like I have come so far since then.  Well, I have come so far since finding all this out!  I look and feel surprisingly well!  Anyone that sees me, says that I don't look any different (well, except for the void on my chest).  But really, who would say...man, you look like shit!  I think I look good...lost a little bit of weight...but again, that may be due to the 3-5 lbs that they took off my chest!  LOL  I wonder how much a boob actually weighs?  Huh...just a thought!

I had a liver ultrasound today which was a bit difficult because I still have bandages on and the wound left from the drainage tube is still raw and open.  But, the radiologist/technician was able to see the whole liver and confirm that I still have the hemagioma on it (which was found 4+ years ago).  She said that my liver "looked good".  Now that might be coming from a technician in the breast clinic and I still have to wait for the final word from my doctor...but her words are good enough for me!  I have a bone scan scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Not looking forward to that but it's only a few hours and then it will be over!

My brother-in-law and his family were down for a visit yesterday.  They spent the day in the pool and kept the kids busy.  Trevor mowed the lawn for us while Julie watched the kids in the pool.  I don't know what I am going to do when all this help wines down.  Jason's mom is still here and is a great help...she is my personal chef!  Nothing better than a mother's cooking!!

Anyway, I feel great...in my opinion, look great and feel stronger everyday!  Once again, thank you for all your well wishes and prayers...they are all noted and greatly appreciated! 

Be strong, be positive and keep praying for me please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment