Well, the nurse was in to see me yesterday. She basically filled in some paperwork and checked my drains. They are going to remove the drains one at a time but first they have to be producing less than 30cc's over a 24 hour period. Not quite there yet! She said that I am scheduled to have alternate staples removed on August 7th and then the remainder on August 11th. I have a Liver ultrasound scheduled for August 9th and a Bone Scan scheduled for August 10th. I guess this is what I have to look forward to....appointment after appointment! Not looking forward to what lies ahead.
I am still very weak and just started eating "real food" yesterday. It's hard to have an appetite after surgery. I would assume it would be the same as any surgery. Just seems like they starve you for so long that you would be famished and eat whatever is put in front of you, but that is not the case. I turn my nose up to everything. Which is not good because I need the nutrients to get better. I do have two personal chefs (Mom and MIL) that are more than willing to make anything for me. It's great to be loved!
The kids are doing good. Keil is a little more loving than usual and very clingy (I don't mind one bit) and Cole is his usual self with a little extra in the hugs and kisses department. They both said to me yesterday that they wished I never had this disease. Don't we all wish that? Poor boys...they don't really understand what is going on and I try to keep them informed...at their level of course. They are having fun with Nannie and Nana. Swimming, going to the park, soccer/baseball, walks to the Hasty market.....they are so spoiled! LOL
Anyway, I have to get ready for my second visit from the nurse today. I think she will be checking my wound and drains. Should be interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment