Saturday, 11 August 2012

A Friend for Life!

First off!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful Husband!!  Jason is turning the BIG 40 today!  Was planning to have a big party for him with cake, presents and friends but since the past couple of months have been a blur, I couldn't plan anything!  After all this is over, I am going to have a BIG party...it will be a birthday/survivor party!

Yesterday was a very long day for me.  I had to be at Credit Valley Hospital for 7:15 am.  Got up at 5:30 and had my bird bath (yes, still may have a strange scent that I apologize for)....since that takes me close to 1/2 hour, I figured I should be up nice and early.  Also, because I am now driving (yes people...stay off the roads), I left the house by 6:15 so that I could get a good parking spot.  One that I wouldn't have to back into or maneuver around cars.  I had my injection at 7:15 and had to wait around the hospital until 11:00.  Finally got out around 12:15pm! 

I had my Bone Scan yesterday.  They are doing a couple of tests to ensure that the cancer did not spread.  I guess the first places it will go is my liver and my bones.  A bit scary...but not really.  I have this gut and heartfelt feeling that I am really going to be ok.  I never once thought that it had spread so since that was my first instinct, that is the way it will be.  None of these tests really hurt...just uncomfortable.  The ultrasound was uncomfortable because the tech had to maneuver around my bandages.  The bone scan was a bit uncomfortable because I had to lie completely still and had to drink lots of fluids before...so my bladder kept filling up on the table.  I think the technician was getting a little pissed that I had to keep going to the bathroom.  Geeze, if you don't want me going to the bathroom then don't tell me to drink so much!! 

Monday, my Mother-in-law will be heading back home and my best friend from childhood will be coming to spend a week with me!  I am so excited to see her!  Her name is Cara and she is my bestest friend!  When I told her I had cancer, she did not hesitate at all to plan her trip up here to help out!  I told her the other night that the chances of me having Chemo were very high and since she is a hairstylist too, I told her that I wanted her to cut my hair off while she was here.  This is what type of a friend she is....she told me she was cutting off her long hair too if I need to cut mine!  She has two daughters and the oldest said "mom, I don't know if I could do that" and her youngest said "it's her best friend Madison, of course she will do it"!  I think she is crazy!  Why would you cut all your hair off, just because I am going to be bald?  I guess when you really love someone and they have been a part of your life since you were 8, you would do anything!  I just hope I am as good a friend to her as she is to me!

Anyway, now that I am sitting here crying my eyes out, I will end my rant for the day!

Be strong, be positive and please continue to pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment