Thursday, 27 December 2012

Merry Christmas From The Bowens!

Well we made it through the Christmas mayhem!  The kids had a blast and enjoyed all their gifts!   It made my day seeing Cole so excited over his Justin  Bieber "swag" shoes and Keil loving his new 3DS!  It's the type of joy that makes your heart smile when you are just not feeling the best!

Christmas day was a tough day for me.  As much as I loved seeing the kids so excited, my heart was hurting and missing Mom.  I was almost afraid to call home...just to dial the number and know that I wouldn't be talking to her.  Telling her everything the kids got, sharing our morning of laughs and sharing our plans for the day.  She loved Christmas so much and that has certainly rubbed off on me!  I love decorating and buying gifts, wrapping, entertaining...basically, everything to do with the season!  But this year, for obvious reasons, a lot of those things I couldn't do...just wait until next year! :) The call was made and I talked to Allan for quite a while, which ended in tears and a little bit of depression.  Just the fact that we all miss her so much and know that this was our first Christmas without her...makes it really tough!

But, my loving husband came to my side and made me feel better, as he always does!  He wrapped his warm arms around me and held me close until I stopped crying.  I think we both actually cried a little, which just shows how much we appreciate each other and our feelings.  Jason is my savior.   He doesn't read my blog, I think because he worries he might be a blubbering fool.  He is sensitive when he needs to be and very strong most other times.  I don't mind that he doesn't read it...although some days, I wish he did because I often worry that I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate all he is doing for me and our family.

So, I am 6 days post Chemo and feeling better than my last treatment.  I only had to take pain medication once over this phase and I am still continuing my steroids until Saturday.  I have a little pain today in my chest, back and legs and I am still very tried feeling and can only do a little at a time.  But, I feel 100% better than last time...I was in the hospital at this point...so it's got to be better!  Like with all treatments, I feel a little better each day and get a little more energy.  All will be ok in another week!  It just takes time! :) 

Thank you for all the cards, gifts, phone calls, and text messages over the past few days!  I love you all and we appreciate all your kinds words and hope for 2013!  I am so blessed to have you all in my life!



Be positive, be strong and continue to pray for me! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment