Friday, 21 December 2012

5 Down 1 To Go!!!!!

Well, today was a go!  My counts were good, which I knew because I was feeling so good this week!

We arrived at the hospital around 8:30am and did the routine...blood work...wait for results...see nurse and doctor...then upstairs to the Chemo pods.  When talking to the nurse and doctor they told us that they were going to leave my Chemo as is but that I was approved to receive the Neulasta (one shot instead of the seven that I had last time).  My nurse told me that I should have a little easier time with this drug and felt that a lot of the pain I was experiencing last time was from the Neupogen shots.  They also are continuing my steroids for an extra couple of days...and then slowly ween me off.  But because these drugs keep me tossing and turning all night, they also prescribed  me some sleeping pills!  Am I ever going to be high on drugs for the next little while!  Oh, they also gave me some new pain meds too!  Merry Christmas to me!!! LOL

I can't believe that I only have one treatment left!  I never thought this day would come...the excitement that I felt going to the hospital today was overwhelming!  To think that in June, I had so many mixed emotions and felt this was going to be the longest road ever.  Also, after Mom passed, I never thought I would have the strength or determination to make it though my treatment.  Well, I proved myself wrong...I am strong...and more determined than ever to get through the rest of this!  I am so proud of myself...but I couldn't have done it without the support of Jason and the kids!  They really kept me going through all this...seeing how much they love me and how much I mean to them!  It makes my heart smile! <3 :)  My friends...the true friends...have been by my side since the beginning...cheering me on...lifting me up when I needed it...and just being there for me to vent, cry and laugh with!  I couldn't have done it without you!  I watched the X-Factor last night...which I don't often watch but because Marcia and Alvin are here, they wanted to watch the finale.  When the two finalists came on and sang "The Climb", it struck a cord with me.  What a fitting song for my journey!  Have a listen to  My Journey Anthem   "The struggles I'm facing, The chances I'm taking, Sometimes might knock me down, but no, I'm not breaking"!  So true...with all that I was faced with this year...this is so fitting!  Just focusing on getting through day by day!  I remember this summer,  there was a day that I was really upset and Jason sat down next to me and said..."we are going to get through this together!  For every negative comment that comes our way, we are going to grab it, stomp on it, and consider it one step closer to beating this thing!"  He is my rock, my love...and I don't know what I would do without him!  We are climbing this mountain together!

I want to take this time to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!  My only wish this Christmas is that I will be better next Christmas and that I will be able to enjoy 2013 with a healthier body, mind and spirit!  That my kids and husband will continue to be healthy and that we all cherish each day that we spend together!

My pictures today are of a very happy and overwhelmed Angela...and the cold packs I have to wear during these treatments to help save my nails.  The Taxotere can make your nails...and possibly your teeth fall out.   Jason asked where the cold pack was for my mouth! LOL  Next treatment is scheduled for January 11th! 

 Be positive, be strong and continue to pray for me...I feel the love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment