I have no idea how I am going to do this! Sitting around all week, just relaxing and avoiding people...this is not going to be good!
We all work really hard, being professionals, being mothers/fathers/wives/husbands and we always say we are too busy to relax. We say we never have enough time to just sit down and relax. Crazy when you are told by your doctor to do just that and you have an issue with it! I guess because I feel good otherwise, it's hard to just sit here and watch TV all day...well not all day because I am still very tired and I do have to nap during the day too. This is going to be a tough week but I know in the end it is just one more step to making me healthy!
I received an email from a friend last night that really changed my thoughts on things. First, a lot of friends have been asking if they can come visit me or if I can go for lunch. I so appreciate everyone caring so much and wanting to keep me preoccupied with lunches and visits. I have been meeting up with some people and having people visit but after my friends email and reading some of the information the hospital gave me, I am going to have to pass on these offers. You see, my friends mother was diagnosed with cancer and was going through treatments but continued to do the everyday activities that made her happy. Not only made her happy but they were things that she felt she had to do....running errands, visiting friends and family. Unfortunately she developed two infections within a short period of each other and eventually died from those infections, not the cancer. Now after reading this email, I didn't think "why is my friend telling me this?" "Is she trying to upset me?"...no, that's not what I thought at all. What I thought was "wow, she really cares about me!" "She really wants me to get better and not jeopardize my health!"
So, I have decided that I am going to "hibernate" for the next few months. I am not going to sit in my house all day everyday for the next few months but I am going to avoid situations that could potentially cause infection. My doctors and all the reading that I have done, have indicated that this is the best solution for the cold and flu season. I figure I would rather "hibernate" for a few months than "hibernate" for life! My life is too precious and I am going to do everything that I can to make sure it lasts for at least another 40+ years!
So, I would like to thank my friend (you know who you are) and let you know that "sorry, I can't" is now in my vocabulary! We have to take care of ourselves first before we can take care of anyone else! :)
Be strong, be positive and pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment