Saturday, 8 March 2014

It's Been A While...For Good Reason!!

Sorry I haven't written anything in a long time.  We have been so busy with family things that I just didn't have the energy to sit down and write anything.  I know a lot of you have been wondering how my appointments have been going and I apologize for not updating you all sooner.

On Family Day, February 16, Jason's uncle took his life.  We are still in shock and can't even comprehend why someone, that was so loved, would do this.  When we received the call, late that Monday night, our hearts sank with grief.  We were stunned and in such disbelief that this could happen. 

Marcel was such a fun loving, caring, life of the party kind of guy!  He and his wife Leslie were kind enough to open their home to Jason and I when we first moved to Ontario.  Before venturing off on our own, we lived with the two of them and their lovely daughter Madeline and their new born son, Evan. When Jason finished school, Marcel gave him a job with his engineering company in Mississauga.  While working for Marcel, Jason was contracted to another company who eventually hired him full time.  Marcel sold the company and moved on himself.  We started to lose touch with him but always tried to include him in our lives.  He was a great guy to be around and could always put a smile on your face!!  He will be greatly missed.

We are starting to feel like we spend our days at a hospital...waiting for doctors, waiting  for test results...it is overwhelming sometimes.  I had my appointment with my new General Surgeon at Woman's College Hospital, Dr. Escallon.  He seems to be quite knowledgeable and has done many surgeries like mine.  I asked him what the procedure would be and he explained that basically he would remove all the tissue and glands from my "good" breast and send it to pathology for analysis. (just to be sure there is no Cancer present)  This is called a skin sparing mastectomy.  Once he is finished with that part of the surgery, my plastic surgeon will take over and insert the expander, to eventually accommodate an implant.  Dr. Escallon is also going to remove my nipple, as I am going to have them tattooed on, at a later date.  Now, I just have to wait for my surgery date.  The problem may be trying to coordinate with my plastic surgeon because they don't do surgery on the same days...so someone is going to have to give up their golf day!! LOL  I think I'm worth it! :)

We have also been running to the doctor for Jason, Keil and Cole.  It just seems like every second day we have an appointment.  Jason is getting tests done so that he might possibly be able to get a surgery to help relieve his heartburn.  He has had it most of his life and we are worried that there may be damage in his esophagus.  So he has been traveling between Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga to St. Joseph's Hospital in Hamilton.  Cole had his allergy tests redone and he also had to go see his specialist at Sick Kids in Hamilton.  The lymphangioma that he was born with has come back.  He had surgery on it when he was 2 months old.  The specialist said to "watch it" and if it gets worse, he may consider doing surgery again.  ...and Keil has been having stomach issues so we have been doing tests and seeing doctors for that.  We now have a referral to a Kidney Specialist for him because an ultrasound showed spots on his kidney's and his urine test showed protein spillage.  It just never seems to end...medical issues that is!

So, my next appointment is on April 8th.  I will have my second fat transfer done and then I will be ready for the big surgery...which I am still waiting for the appointment date. (the one where someone has to give up a golf day ;) 

Be positive, be strong and continue to pray for all the lost souls.   May they find the peace, strength and love they are looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment