Saturday, 15 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Well I hope each and every one of you have spent the day with someone you love!  Jason and I spent the evening in the hot tub with a few drinks!  Nothing better than having a nice quiet evening with your honey :)

I can't even imagine my world without him!  He really helped to nurse me back to health.  He sat by me when I was at my lowest low and made sure that I was always comfortable.  He was my cheerleader when I was going through treatments and was my voice of reason when I thought I couldn't go on.  He is my best friend and I can't imagine not having him in my life.  We have been together for 26 years and love each other more now, then we ever thought possible. :)  So I hope you all have someone like Jason in your lives...someone who will be there when you need them most!

So I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Rajagopal (my Onc) and she said that I was doing wonderfully!  I thought that I would have some blood tests or something but no, it was just a check up...see how I was doing, feeling and tolerating my medication.  She looked me over, did a breast exam and sent me on my way!  I love appointments like that, although, I would have liked to have had some blood work done just to make sure that everything was the way that it should be.  So I don't see her again until November, unless something comes up in the meantime.  Like that's gonna happen :)

My next appointment (Feb 24) will be with the general surgeon at Woman's College Hospital.  He will discuss the operation to remove my "good" breast and prepare me for an implant.  Once I meet with him, my plastic surgeon will coordinate a surgery date.  I just can't believe how fast this is all happening!!  Seems like just yesterday I was going through treatment...well, maybe not yesterday...maybe more like last week ;)  It's just crazy looking back at it all! WOW...very proud and humble.

I have also had a few people asking me to post some more pictures of my progress from my last procedure.  There really isn't much to see.  My stomach is back to normal.  My breast area has changed slightly...the radiation burn is slowly going away, I am still a bit bruised and I have a little "pudge" from the fat injection.  I will take a picture this week and post it...but like I said...nothing much has changed.

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!!  Be positive, be strong and continue to pray...it does the soul good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment