Saturday, 8 February 2014

Lists!!

Are you one of those people who make lists?  Do you make lists for all the things you need to complete over the weekend or during the week?  I was one of those people too but then I realized that looking at that list of things to do, just added more stress to my life and made me feel overwhelmed.  Now, I only write down the important stuff (because my brain just doesn't work like it used to...combination of Chemo brain and age, I'm certain) :)  I have decided to only write down appointments, parties or other special occasions.  I avoid writing..."clean the house", "clean the garage", "mop the floors", "tidy the closets", etc...why write these things down when you know you have to do it...you know that it's not going to get done by itself!  Although, that would be nice ;)  But by putting it on a list, you are pressured to do it...because if you are like me, you can't stand a list that isn't checked off!  Crazy what we do to ourselves!!  So keep your lists to special occasions and the important things (because I know we all have to make lists) and keep the "regular" stuff off.  I realized that by doing this, I don't feel so overwhelmed and stressed, which in turn...keeps me healthy!!

Stress is such a debilitating action that we bring upon ourselves.  It's all how we deal with things and we need to learn how to control it.  Stress is a leading cause of heart disease, depression, digestive problems, sleep problems, weight problems, autoimmune problems...you get what I am saying?  Stress is a trigger for most problems in our lives and when you have too much stress these "bad things" can take over and make your body shut down.  Now don't get me wrong, it's definitely hard to manage stress in the world that we live in.  But I think if we can control or manage some of the unnecessary stress then we can learn to control the outward stress.  It's important that we take a step back from a situation and think, is there another way I can be dealing with this...and in the grand scheme of things, is it really that important to make me have a sleepless night or be depressed over?  That is where a positive attitude can play a very important role in your life.  Once again, I feel like I am rambling on but trying to get a very important point across....avoid stress and learn to cope with it so that it doesn't consume you!  There! Done! LOL

So, I had my follow up with my plastic surgeon and he is very impressed with my recovery!  He said that both donor and recipient sites look great and he feels that I will only require one more procedure before the big surgery!!  He is interested to see what the general surgeon will say on the 24th and hopes to keep this train running on track! :) 

I feel great...starting running again (everyday), sharing my mornings with Jillian Michaels, and I also started juicing every morning!  Jason and I both decided that we would try this "juicing" that everyone is talking about and see if we feel a difference.  I am feeling like I have more energy, my digestive system is loving me and my skin is looking better!  I feel full longer, which helps me control my weight and just the fact that I am getting my full serving of veggies and fruits in a day, makes me feel good!  I would recommend it to anyone!!  Studies have shown that juicing can help prevent certain types of cancer, anything I can do to prevent getting "any" type of cancer is good with me! :)

So next appointment is my 6 month check up with Dr. Rajagopal, my oncologist.  I am interested to see what she thinks of my progress.  I literally haven't seen her since August...not even a peek when I was at the hospital for tests!  I believe I will have blood work done and a full check up...looking forward to hearing those words "you are cancer free"!!! 

Be POSITIVE, continue to be STRONG and as always PRAY...because there is something bigger than all of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment