Well, it's almost two weeks since my first fat transfer and I feel great! The bruising and swelling have gone down and I am able to wear my jeans again...I have lived in lounge pants for the past two weeks! I couldn't handle having anything tight around my waist...it just hurt too much.
I see my plastic surgeon on Wednesday for a follow up. I am certain that he will say I am healing well and I will be in and out in 15 minutes! Kind of shitty to drive an hour for a 15 minute appointment...but, I am very thankful for my doctors and I would drive 100 hours to see them! It's very important that you have doctors that you love and trust! All of my doctors, so far, have been absolutely amazing! I am very grateful :)
So, I think I mentioned in a previous posts that Malina started to get feeling back in her mastectomy site after having her fat transfers. Well, I am excited to say that I am starting to get some feeling back as well!! I am getting small little nerve pulses throughout my mastectomy scar! It feels really weird because I still get "phantom breast" sometimes and now I am getting nerve pulses. It's very strange but very promising...just means this technique is working for me!! Yay!!!
I have a big year ahead of me and I couldn't be happier!
Appts:
Dr. Semple (plastic surgeon) - Wednesday, Jan 22
Dr. Rajagopal (oncologist) - Tuesday, Feb 11
Dr. Escallon (general surgeon) - Monday, Feb 24
Next fat transfer - Tuesday, April 8
Dr. Escallon is my general surgeon who will be removing my good breast and working with Dr. Semple to put in the implants and expander. I am not sure if he will be giving me a surgery time or if Dr. Semple's office will be calling with my surgery day. All I know is that it will be some time in the summer. Looking forward to getting it over with! :)
Be positive, be strong and continue to pray!
No comments:
Post a Comment