Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Close To The End!



**WARNING PICTURES**

Once again, I have taken way too long to write!  First off, Happy New Year to all of you!  My wish is that you all remain happy and healthy for 2015!!

So, two weeks ago I had my 7th fill!  My lovely friend Miss Vera was my chauffeur for the day!  We decided that we would take a little adventure downtown together!!  It was perfect!  My chariot picked me up around 9:45am and we made the long trek downtown.  We had a nice little chat about life, family, and this process!  She is such a wonderful person and I really don't know what I did to deserve such wonderful people in my life!  I am so blessed!!

We arrived for my 11:00am appointment a few minutes early but didn't wait too long to be called in.  Helen took me in and had a look at my progress.  She said she would try to put 50cc's in each side but didn't know how well my radiated side would take.  The radiated side is becoming quite hard and doesn't appear to have much stretch left in it.  She managed to get 50cc's in the radiated side but when she was removing the needle, some of the fluid "burped" back out.  She said that she feels this is probably my last fill.  I might be able to tolerate one more but will have to see Dr. Semple so that he can decide.

So, last week on Thursday I went on an outdoor class trip with Cole's class.  We went to Silver Creek conservation park.  What a beautiful day...if you were dressed for the weather, which I was!  Some of the other Moms, not so much.  We were outside for most of the day and started the morning with a survival game.  It was called animal survivor.  Each of the kids was given an animal and were told where they fell on the "food chain".  The parent volunteers were the "hunters".  The hunters could only lose a life if they were caught by disease or an element.  One of Cole's little friends, whom I know well, was disease.  He was trying to catch me the entire game!  At one point, the instructor was chatting with me and Michael came up behind me.  Not wanting to get caught, I quickly pivoted to my left and began to run.  Now this game took place in the woods with ice and snow and tree stumps all over the place.  So you can only imagine what happened next.  As I was running, I slipped and fell on my left side and came crashing down onto my left breast.  Immediately, I got up and quickly checked if I had busted my expander.  The pain was almost unbearable and I thought for sure I did some damage.  Unable to leave the class trip, I had to continue the day as if nothing had happened while inside I was worrying that I seriously did something to my expander. 

The next day, which was a Friday, I was extremely sore but didn't notice any bruising or change in the look of my breast.  My hip and shoulder were sore, but I knew they would be better in a few days.  My clinic is not open on Fridays so I knew there was no need in calling the hospital.   By Monday (of this week), I felt a lot better but knew that something still wasn't right.  I finally broke down and called my clinic this morning and they want to see me this afternoon.  I think I may have damaged my expander.  My breast seems to be a bit smaller than it was and seems to be sitting a bit lower.  I am not sure if it might be leaking or if it's just my imagination.  I am not sure how they will be able to tell if it's ok...but I would rather them check it now then have something wrong and leave it.

This could change everything if something is wrong!!  Hopefully, all will be well and there is no damage.  I will keep you all posted! 





No comments:

Post a Comment