Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Fill Number 4!!

***WARNING PICTURES***

Wow, I didn't realize how many people are actually reading my blog until I started getting messages from people asking how my last fill went! 

I had a fill done on October 22 and this one was a breeze!  I arrived at my appointment a little early so I figured I would have plenty of time to catch up on my facebook and maybe read a magazine that I brought.  Helen was running a little bit ahead of schedule so she was able to take me right away.  After inspecting my results from fill number 3, she thought it would be best to only fill my left side (the non radiated side).  She said that at some point during the process she would have to try to make things look a little more symmetrical.  Of course, my first thought was "does she think that my radiated side won't expand much further?", but she quickly put my mind at ease when she told me that my skin is responding very, very well!!  Yeehaw!!!  Giddy up!!!  Let's get this show on the road!!! :)

Once we decided that we would only fill one side, the intern quickly gathered up all the saline syringes and Helen began to fill.  She was able to get a whopping 85cc's injected into my left side!!  Can you say CLEAVAGE? LOL  Not a lot but it's a start! :)  I thought I was going to have a lot of discomfort after this fill, seeing as it was so much more then previous ones, but I had only minimal discomfort and it only lasted that day and night. I have three more fills until I meet with Dr. Semple again (appointment with him on my thrid fill).  He will inspect my skin and we will discuss the results and if we want to continue!  Of course I will....go big or go home! LOL

I had a CT scan yesterday at Credit Valley Hospital.  This is the annual CT scan of my liver to make sure the spots that they found are not growing.  I hate getting this CT because they inject me with a solution that makes me feel like I am pissing my pants!  It's so uncomfortable...not a painful test, just uncomfortable thinking that you are going to get up from the table and be soaked with pee!  Very odd I know, but thought I would share!!  I have my yearly appointment with my Oncologist on Monday and hopefully all the test results will be in line with the way that I feel....wonderful! ;) 

I appreciate all the phone calls, cards (thank you Miss Vera) ;) , messages and texts asking how I am doing.  I am one lucky gal!

Be positive, be strong and continue to pray!!




No comments:

Post a Comment