It's amazing the difference a year can make!! I have been doing some reflecting again on my journey and couldn't believe when I pulled up pictures from a year ago! It's crazy how you can change on the outside and on the inside!
I remember when I finished my treatments and I spoke to my nurse about the weight gain and how my eyelashes kept falling out. She told me to be patient and all would manage to correct itself. She was right...it all just takes time. My hair has come back fully, my eyebrows and eyelashes are back but not as full as they used to be. Although my weight is at a stand still, I feel stronger and healthy. I know that the medication I take daily makes it difficult to lose weight but I continue to work out everyday and eat healthy (I cheat now and then...gotta live! LOL)...and that is helping me to be strong! I will never be the same as I used to be but I will be healthier...and that's all that matters!
I actually have an appointment with a dietition tomorrow and I am hoping that she might be able to guide me to an even healthier lifestyle! I am excited to sit down with her and go over all the good things I am doing and to listen to her advice on what changes I can make to be even better! It's just one more chapter in this journey. Everyone will struggle with weight gain at some point in their life and I believe that we are our worst critics. Why do we focus on the number when we should only focus on how we feel? I think that society puts pressure on all of us, women in particular, to be skinny, toned to look perfect! But you can be all those things and still not be happy on the inside or healthy, for that matter. It's a vicious cycle that I continue to struggle with...but I am hoping that with some direction from a professional, I will be able to achieve my weight loss goals.
I am coming up on my "two year cancer free" anniversary and I am just grateful that I am here and that I feel as good as I do!
Be positive, be strong and pray for all those who are suffering from debilitating diseases.
No comments:
Post a Comment