Before I sat down to write today, I briefly went through all my blogs from December of last year. I was in a lot of pain last year and very weak. It's funny how you forget some of what you have been through. Unless I actually sit down and think about things, I find it hard to comprehend how sick I actually was. Then I look at the pictures and "see" how sick I was. It was funny, Cole looked at our family calendar for December and I always have a picture at the top of the calendar to remind us of what we experienced in that month, the year before. Well, the picture this month is of our family last Christmas. Cole didn't even recognize me...well, he knew it was me but he couldn't believe it was me. He said "wow Mom, you look so different!" and to think that he always called me beautiful, even when I was sick and looking my worst. Makes me proud of my kids and the compassion they showed during my treatments. They certainly are good boys! :)
So, I am trying to prepare myself for the beginning of my reconstruction. This time next week, I will be in surgery again to begin the long and painful process of reconstruction. I have so many mixed emotions surrounding this. I am excited to begin because it just means I am closer to being "normal". I am scared shitless about the pain and discomfort that comes with all these procedures. I am nervous about the final results...will I be happy, will I feel like a woman, will I regret it? All kinds of things go through your mind! The thing is, once we start the process, there is no turning back! So, I have to suck up the pain and get past my fears and try to find the good in this entire journey! All I can say is that I have total faith in my doctors and I know that this next journey is going to be a piece of cake compared to what I have been through! :)
January 7th will mark the day that I begin my journey to healthy new boobies!!! YAY!!!
Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2014!! May all your dreams come true!!
No comments:
Post a Comment