Tuesday, 9 July 2013

July Update!

Not much new to report! 

I met with my family doctor last week and she checked my incision.  I found another lump but I believe it is from working out and my muscle has popped...or that's what I would like to think.  My doctor also said that it could be scar tissue or a fluid cyst.  She felt it and said that it didn't feel like anything to be concerned about.  She has scheduled me for an ultrasound as well as a mammogram of my other breast.  I am scheduled for July 17th...the day before I leave on vacation.  I am not going to stress over it...I know it's nothing.  I will have a busy day on the 17th...I have Herceptin in the morning and my other tests in the afternoon. 

I am still having some discomfort in my feet, ankles and knees.  I checked with the doctor and she said, as well as my nurse, that the pain is a combination of residual chemo and Tamoxifen.  My nurse said that I may experience this pain for the period of time that I am on Tamoxifen.  Ugh...what a pain in the ass...or feet...whatever! LOL 

I have been really busy with the boys now that they are finished school!  Trips to the library, park and mall...play dates, birthday parties...ugh...a busy summer already!  This week they are both in camp...Keil is in Basketball camp and Cole is in Sports camp.  He wanted to go into Dance camp but they didn't have enough participants for it to go forward.  I'll have to sign him up in the fall.  They are both getting excited to go home to Nova Scotia....they ask me everyday "how many more days till we get on our plane?"  I love that they are excited to get home and see all their cousins and other family.  It's going to be lots of fun and hopefully relaxing!

Not too sure if I will be updating my blog during vacation.  I am staying at my cousins cottage and I don't think they have internet.  I'll do my best...when I get my results from tests, I will definitely let everyone know.

Have a wonderful summer!

Be positive, be strong and continue to pray!


No comments:

Post a Comment