Monday, 24 June 2013

Summer Is Here!!

Well, we are finally at the end of the school year!  One week left and the boys will be able to relax and enjoy the summer...and I won't have to make another lunch box for two months!!  We have lots planned for the summer and we can not wait!  We have all had such a long winter, it is so nice to look forward to the heat of the summer. 

Not much new with me.  I have treatment this Thursday and an appointment with my family doctor next week (July 4).  I made the appointment because I want a second opinion on reconstruction.  So, I am hoping my family doctor can make a referral for me.  Also, I have been working out for the past few months and have developed a "bulge" at my surgery site and I want her to check it....and hopefully tell me it's just my muscle.  I am sure that's all it is, but it's better safe than sorry with anything concerning my chest...or my body for that matter!  So, on to my next update...I have been having a lot of aching in my feet and ankles since I finished treatment.  I called my nurse last week because I am now having aches in my hands and joints...again, not sure if it is from working out.  She told me she would talk to my Oncologist and see if she may want to order a bone scan.  Also, I am waiting for a call to get my mammogram done.  It's been a year and I should have had one scheduled by now.  But, there has been a lot of miscommunication between my Oncologist, Surgeon and family doctor.  I think I have it all sorted out, so should be hearing from the hospital soon on an appointment date.

We are getting excited to be going home for vacation.  The boys and I are going for a month and Jason will be coming for two weeks.  We all need a vacation...time to relax and get away from here and doctors! :)   Although we will miss our friends here, this summer, we are looking forward to spending time with family and friends! 

Like I said in the beginning, not much new with me...just plugging along and trying to stay healthy!

Be positive, be strong and continue to pray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment