Well, I made an appointment with my GP to investigate the pain that I have been having in my upper stomach. She looked me over and is sending me to a GI Specialist. She also gave me a prescription for heartburn medication. She said that you can have heart burn that doesn't necessarily come up your throat, but stays in your stomach region. I spoke with one of my Chemo nurses yesterday about it and she said if the meds don't help in a week max, to make another appointment and get checked out.
I had my Herceptin yesterday and I had to take the boys with me...their first time seeing me get treatment. I love my boys!! They were so good, sitting quietly, asking the nurses what they were doing to me and how things work. Keil must have asked a million questions while Cole was a little squeamish at the sight of my blood in the needle. I know that being so young and seeing their mother go through Breast Cancer is not the optimum life experience, but I do think this will shape them to be compassionate and empathetic men when they grow up!
I am sure everyone has been watching the news lately and heard about the Chemo patients that received watered down Chemo. My first thoughts when I heard this was, "my God, those poor people"...then I realized that this could be me! (I still don't think of myself as having Cancer) While at the hospital, I asked my nurses if this could have happened here. Although it could, it's unlikely because they mix the Chemo there, at my hospital. They don't order it from an outside source. This is why my hospital, Credit Valley is one of the top Cancer hospitals in Ontario! So, looks like all is good with my Chemo administration!!
I am writing this in bed and watching Jason sleep beside me...this man is so awesome! He has been beside me throughout this whole ordeal and has never once displayed a selfish attitude. He is always getting me things, asking if I am ok, making sure I have what I need to be comfortable. We often talk about how this past year has been such a blur for the two of us. Recently, I put together a list of the trips to the hospital in the past 8 months...it really opened our eyes to what we have been through...brought it into perspective. When you get married and say your vows, you never think that you will have to deal with the "in sickness or health"...other than, getting a bucket for your partner after a night of partying! Well, we really lived those vows this past year and I wouldn't want to be with anyone else!
My next appointments are Herceptin on April 26 and my Heart Scan on May 8. On a side note, my skin is looking much better and healing quite nicely from the radiation burn. I am still putting my cream on twice a day! Overall, feeling great! :)
Be positive, be strong and continue to pray for those fighting the good fight!
No comments:
Post a Comment