Wednesday, 20 March 2013

The Finish Line!

...and that's it...all done...finished...the end of treatments!!!  Another emotional day...although there were no tears...just giddy laughing though my entire appointment.  The technicians laughed along with me and told me they never want to see me again...diddo to that! :) 

I arrived at the hospital 45 mins early...not too excited...do ya think? LOL  Luckily, there were no other patients waiting and they were able to take me in right away!  It was overwhelming, hearing them record my measurements for the last time!  I actually knew all my measurements and could recite them to the technicians as they were getting me ready.  I was alone at my appointment and I thought that it would bother me...completing another milestone without someone there to support me...but I actually enjoyed the quiet and it gave me time to think about everything I encountered and overcame during this part of my journey.  Wow, would my Mom and Dad ever be proud!!!  I know they would worry about me the entire process but they would celebrate the end as proud parents. :) 

I left the hospital and arrived home around lunch time and opened my last gift from my good friend Kristine.  What an amazing and thoughtful friend I have!  Every day I opened a gift from her and laughed at some of them...even the boys got into it...asking if I opened my gift for the day and fighting over who would give it to me!  It was a nice distraction from the treatments!  Thank you so much my friend...you are something special! :)  Jason arrived home early with a beautiful card and bamboo plant with congratulation balloons stuck in the pot.  He also picked out a little angel and stuck it in the pot too!  His card was full of words of praise, encouragement and love!  He is amazing...did I ever tell you that? LOL  My in-laws sent me a gift card so that we could go out for dinner to celebrate...and that we did...at my favorite place, The Keg!!  Thanks Mom and Dad! xo  It was a day to remember...full of love, support and happiness!

I received the results from my liver MRI....NO CHANGES....and NO CANCER METASTASIS!!!   Yay for me!!  Follow up again in 3 months with another MRI.  So that's it...no more appointments until April 5 for my Herceptin and then May 8 for my next heart scan!  What in the world am I going to do with no appointments to get to each day....find my new normal life!! 

Next up....reconstruction!  I am going to start making appointments to meet with my surgeon and plastics!  But first, I am going to enjoy a few months with no doctors in my life! :)

Be positive, be strong and thank you for all your prayers!  Love each and every one of you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment