Saturday, 16 March 2013

ONE...Such A Wonderful Number!!!

I am starting to get very lazy keeping up my blog...only because everyday I am gone to my appointments, running errands and entertaining the boys!  It just means I am full of energy and busy getting back to my life! :) 

ONE....ONE treatment left!!  I am feeling overwhelmed with emotion again!  I can't believe that I made it this far...it seemed almost impossible a few months ago.  I met with my Radiation Oncologist for the last time yesterday!  I told him I never want to see him in my lifetime again! :)  Not sure if he was offended or not...seriously...he wasn't and was very excited for me to be finished.  Did I ever mention, I have the best team of doctors and nurses in the world!  I appreciate everything they have done for me...and continue to do for me!  Dr. Yuen said that my skin looks fabulous and that he is quite happy with how I tolerated the radiation...I am quite happy and proud of myself too!  My skin is really red now and discolored from the treatments.  It's kind of like a sunburn...a bad sunburn!  Under my arm is quite sensitive from the friction of moving my arm...but I am putting cream on it constantly and treating it like a baby's bottom :)

I had my liver MRI a week ago and I haven't received my results yet...I will stop by to see my nurse on Monday to see if she has them.  I figure no news is good news! :)  I am quite confident that nothing has changed since September and all will be good!  I am scheduled for another heart scan on May 8th.  My last scan showed an ejection rate of 60%...lets hope that hasn't change either! 

Had my Herceptin treatment yesterday.  It is such a breeze compared to what I used to sit in that chair for!  I am happy, upbeat and chatting with everyone...but feeling sorry for the newbies that are coming in...blind to what is about to happen.  I remember how scared I was that first day and how I cried when they tried to access my port!  Looking back, I was so weak emotionally and mentally.  Now, I am so much stronger, braver and healthier!  When the nurse accesses my port now, I take a deep breath and hardly flinch!  I still don't like it, but it's much easier now.  I just wish I could tell all those newbies that it will get easier...you just have to stay positive and have faith...in the nurses, doctors and treatments!  I had my nurse telling me that on the first day and it made a world of difference.  I can see at the end of all this that I will likely volunteer at the hospital...even if I can help one patient get through this, I will feel like I did something! 

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their March Break!  We certainly stayed busy...Fantasy Fair, Play dates, Chuck-E-Cheese, and a movie date!  I don't know about the boys but I am exhausted!!  I couldn't have made it through this week without the help from my good friends Jo and Patrick!  They took the kids so that I could go to my treatments...while they were busy packing their house up.  They will be moving in June and I am going to miss them immensely!  They have certainly gone over and above, helping us out during the past 8 months!  ...and now, Jo has agreed to help me get back in shape and train for the Breast Cancer run in October...we are going to run it together...don't know if she knows that yet! ;)

I will post again on Monday or Tuesday, after my LAST TREATMENT!!!!!

Be positive, be strong and prayers to all the newbies that need support and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment