Monday, 13 April 2015

Every Day Is Better!

It's been a few days and I figured enough time has passed for me to give a second opinion on my results.

A couple of things....first, I am noticing a little difference when the swelling subsides and feel that I could get used to what I have.  Second, my radiated side is the side that I am most concerned about.  My implant appears to be, for lack of a better word, a lump on my chest.  I feel that there is minimal contour shape and that it appears to be sitting low.  Which leads me to my next concern...I am not sure if you all remember in the beginning of my reconstruction process, I mentioned that the surgeon may have to use Alloderm (donated skin) to make a "hammock" to hold the implant.  When I had my surgery in August to put in the expanders, Dr. Semple felt that my skin and muscle were both in great condition and could accommodate the expander/implant without using the Alloderm.  At the time, I was relieved that I wouldn't need it because the recovery time is a lot longer and there might be a possibility of rejection.  Now that the implant is in, it appears to be lower than the left side and I am hoping that this is not a result of not using the Alloderm.  Just something else to think about.

I've had a rough week.  I seem to be getting back to myself, which sometimes I think is a curse because everyone expects too much from you when they see you are doing so well.  Jason admitted that last night.  He forgets that I had surgery less than a week ago because I am able to do things for myself.  He's such a great guy...cute, funny and is always trying to make me laugh.  Back to my week...I know this is too much information but I have been severely constipated all week from the drugs.  I have been taking Colace, Restoralax, Prune Juice, drinking loads of water and even tried a quick walk around the block with Jason and had no relief.  Finally, on Saturday night before bed, I took Senokot and got relief yesterday.  Now today, I am feeling bloated and constipated again...ugh, narcotics and surgery just take a terrible toll on your body...but unfortunately, they go hand in hand!  From now on, I will make sure that I start Colace at least two days before surgery.  This has been the worst experience with this, so far.

My in laws are here once again, to help me with the kids and meals.  I honestly don't know what I would do without them.  They have always, without hesitation, planned to come for all of my surgeries and treatments.  They spent two weeks with me after my initial surgery (until we all had to fly home for Mom's funeral), they spent a month with us during my final treatments, they spent a month with us after my expander surgery and now they are here for another three weeks.  I know they are retired (my mother in law is just newly retired) but to take the time out of their lives to help me out, really shows their awesome character.  They have been a part of my life for over 25 years and I call them Mom and Dad....because that's what they are to me....like my second set of parents!  Can't imagine doing any of this without their love, support and encouragement! 

Next entry, I will post pictures.  I just need to be comfortable with my new tatas before showing people. ;) 

Be positive, be strong and continue to pray!


No comments:

Post a Comment